We are committed to environmental protection and the broader integration or environmental and economic priorities, in all aspects of our business.
- Responsibly manage all aspects of our business to ensure that recognized environmental standards and legal requirements are met.
- Ensure that environmental hazards associated with company activities are identified, assessed and managed.
- Adopt company standards and practices that meet or exceed legal requirements and apply continuous efforts to improve environmental performance where benefits justify the costs.
- Manage our business with the goal of preventing incidents, controlling the release of harmful emissions and wastes to within accepted standards, and designing, operating and maintaining facilities to this end.
- Integrate environmental considerations in business planning, facilities and product design, operating practices and training programs.
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from our operations, cooperating with industry organizations and authorized government agencies.
- Emphasize individual responsibility and require everyone throughout the organization to adhere to clearly defined environmental practices and procedures.
- Work with industry associations, governments and others to determine environmental priorities and foster timely development of appropriate laws and regulations based on sound science and the consideration of risks, costs and benefits.
- Conduct and support research to improve understanding of the impact of our business on the environment, improve methods of environmental protection and enhance our capability to make operations and products compatible with the environment.